Asymmetric encryption involves a message first being encrypted by a public key into cipher text, after which it is decrypted using a private key from the recipient.
An advantage of this as opposed to symmetric encryption is that this private key allows for the recipient to be the only one to decrypt the message. As opposed to symmetric encryption. Where only one public key is used.
* Discuss the advantages / disadvantages of asymmetric encryption.
– It allows for websites to have people make private accounts
– you are able to prove your identity when you send a message by encrypting with the private key
-the keys are reusable
-It is less easy to use than symmetric encrypting
-It is liable to DROWN attacks
* For which type of customer is security and safety of users data of a high importance?
Security and safety are mainly of high importance for the people that have created a personalised account on a website, and have for instance made transactions. Especially when this person has linked their account to their bank, it would not be very difficult for the attacker to use their account to purchase something online.
* If you were a digital marketeer, how would you tackle the situation – preemptively and post the discovery of the breach?
Make customers that can be damaged by the attacks aware of the issue, through communication channels between you and the customers such as personal emails or social media. So basically, be open about the matter. If people find out about the issue without you having concerned them with it, it is much more likely to cause people to be outraged about the issue.
After the attacks:
reinsure the customers that could be damaged by the attacks that you are working on the problem as best as you can, to make sure that their perception of the brand and their sense of safety aren’t harmed.